Book festivals and events are an increasingly important part of the publishing landscape, offering readers the opportunity to connect with favorite authors and industry insiders to meet face-to-face with their peers from other places.
Publishers Weekly has again put together a comprehensive list of what is happening when and where in the book biz.
Whether it’s Amelia Island, Florida in February, Bangkok International Book Fair in March or Abu Dhabi or Alabama in April, you can start doing your planning right here.
- Jaipur Literature Festival, Jaipur, India, Jan. 23–27
- Casablanca Book Fair, Casablanca, Morocco, Feb. 6–16
- Bologna Children’s Book Fair, Bologna, Italy, Mar. 30–Apr. 2
- Bogotá International Book Fair, Bogotá, Colombia, Apr. 21–May 6
- BookExpo, New York City, May 27–29
- Chuckanut Writers Conference, Bellingham, Wash., June 26–27
- Hong Kong Book Fair, Hong Kong, July 15–21
- Book Passage Travel Writers and Photographers Conference, Corte Madera, Calif., Aug. 20–23
- Bloody Scotland, Stirling, Scotland, U.K., Sept. 18–20
- Vancouver Writers Fest, Vancouver, Canada, Oct. 19–25
- Guadalajara International Book Fair, Guadalajara, Mexico, Nov. 28–Dec. 6
- Pula Festival of Books and Authors, Pula, Croatia, TBA
PW’s full list is here.
The photo is by Danny Howe for Unsplash and was almost certainly not taken at a book event.