The Circle of Power is comprised of five friends in their late 20s who share a common history of having been placed in the same institution as teenagers. As wards of the state, the institute had taken control of their medical care and saved their lives. They are a fiercely bonded family that stays in close quarters, as each struggles to be an individual in his or her own right:
- Dakota is looking for love in all the wrong places.
- Halp is the cynical sex addict who is too smart for his own good.
- Skipper has legitimate mental difficulties resulting from the plate in her head.
- Rafe is the resident romance writer (he’s gay, but he writes hetro stories).
- Alfonz is the grounded and sensible one who just wants long term stability.
The fact that they have strange prosthetic implants in various places in their bodies, some of which seem to give them a literal boost in physical ability, is a topic that is rarely discussed. The fact that they are being tracked and monitored by “The Institute” all these years later eludes them. And the fact that they are pawns in a very sinister game could and very likely will destroy them.
You can order Participants of the Project here. ◊
This Just In… is a column that shares basic information on selected titles. Titles are included at the editor’s discretion and on a first come, first served basis. Want to see your new book included? You can see details here.