Can a book change your life? Staunch readers will invariably say so. For those people, as well as those who just love lists, comes the crowdranking Ranker, whose various lists include one that does just that: ranks books that “Changed My Life.”
The most life changing books, ranked by the wisdom of the crowd of hundreds of people. If you are looking for books that will change your life, these have the themes, characters and story-arcs to do it. From the courage and determination of Frodo as he ventures into Mordor to the conviction of Atticus as he defends a man a whole town has already condemned, there are countless books to add to your list of books to read to change your life.
Top Ten “Books That Changed My Life”
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
See the other 90 here.